Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Learjet035

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
S. Floriduh
My girlfriend just discovered that no one has been receiving her emails that she has been forwarding.

She's using the basic Yahoo account with no changes to her settings.

Any ideas what to change?

She says that her "Sent" mailbox doesn't even show the forward, but I heard it make the Swoosh sound when I forwarded something to myself with her phone.

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO
I've had ZERO success sending email via Yahoo (new mail, replies, forwards...) ever since the 1.0.1 update. Yahoo receive works fine, and Gmail send/receive both work fine.

Katie Jane

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2007
Dallas, Texas
I'm having the same problem with my Yahoo account. I'm receiving e-mails just fine, but can't send. It says it's sending and then I hear the swoosh sound, and then...nothing. The e-mail doesn't go through and I get frustrated. Does anyone have any ideas?

MarkMS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Yeah, I have a Yahoo email account I use to sign up for things I think may send me spam. So far I can't send anything as well on it. My other email accounts work fine.

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO
When did it stop working for you all? After applying the 1.0.1 patch? Or some other time? I'm wondering if it's an Apple issue, or a Yahoo one? (I doubt it's ATT - I get the exact same behavior on both wifi and edge.)

Katie Jane

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2007
Dallas, Texas
I don't think I've ever been able to send e-mails. It's hard to say because I just got my phone late last week and just started playing with it over the weekend, but I'm almost positive that I (unsuccessfully) tried sending e-mails before downloading 1.0.1.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
My girlfriend just discovered that no one has been receiving her emails that she has been forwarding.

She's using the basic Yahoo account with no changes to her settings.

Any ideas what to change?

She says that her "Sent" mailbox doesn't even show the forward, but I heard it make the Swoosh sound when I forwarded something to myself with her phone.

I have not had this problem, but others have said you need to send email from Yahoo Web Email first because you will get a prompt that you must respond too that you do not get on your iPhone.

Learjet035

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
S. Floriduh
I have not had this problem, but others have said you need to send email from Yahoo Web Email first because you will get a prompt that you must respond too that you do not get on your iPhone.

Ok thanks, so I'm clear...
She needs to log in to Yahoo and reply to an email, or send one? And to where? Thanks again

PS. her phone has not been forwarding at all, before or after the update.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Ok thanks, so I'm clear...
She needs to log in to Yahoo and reply to an email, or send one? And to where? Thanks again

PS. her phone has not been forwarding at all, before or after the update.

Right, using her computer login to http://www.yahoo.com / mail. Then just create a new email and send to anybody (like to you) and then send it. At that moment you may get a prompt that you "accept" to allow the sending of the email. The next time you send an email you should not get the prompt. Then go to your iPhone and try and send an email. Not sure about if you are sending a NEW email or just FORWARD an email. Again, this is something I read on the other iPhone Forum. Seemed like a number of people were having the same problem. You may want to search the other iPhone forum for more information.

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO
Hmm. Well, I can send email from Yahoo webmail and from Outlook on my laptop without issue. It's just on the iPhone that it doesn't work. It's like the phone doesn't even attempt to contact Yahoo - the spinning activity indicator on the top of the screen never shows when I'm "sending" an email.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.