Can't forward ports on a Dlink DIR-615

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sebascrub, Sep 2, 2008.

1. sebascrub macrumors member

I just moved into a new apartment with my roommate and we got a new router - a Dlink DIR 615. For some reason, I can't seem to open the necessary ports for Transmission. I've been forwarding ports for Transmission forever now, and it always works. I've never done it, however, on a Dlink router - it's always been Linksys. Is there any difference between the two? Included is a screenshot of the settings.

And to avoid all the obvious (I think) questions, I do have a static IP address, I have indeed set the right ports on both the settings and Transmission, and I have enabled everything (again, I think). I'm obviously missing something, but I have no idea what it is.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. rogair macrumors member

Did you assign yourself a static IP? Or did you let your Dlink assign you one? If it was me, I'd choose the latter option. Then try connecting again.

3. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

Does your router support UPnP? I'd let Transmission automatically map the ports (the check box directly below the port field).

4. sebascrub thread starter macrumors member

I tried letting Dlink assign me an IP address - still nothing. And Transmission can't seem to forward the port automagically? Anything else I could try?

5. spastic macrumors newbie

Has anyone ever found a solution to this?

I can't seem to forward this router either... any hints? I've tried letting Transmission do it and tried it manually.. no luck.

I've got a powermac G5, OSX Tiger

Static IP
    UPnP disabled