Can't get 1024x768 to output to projector via HDMI

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by BluePotato, Sep 30, 2012.

1. BluePotato macrumors member

I have a Display Port to HDMI dongle that I am plugging into a projector that has a native resolution of 1024 x 768.

I change the resolution for the external display within display properties on my 11" MBA to 1024 x 768, but the projector (an Epson X10) is still 'seeing' a 1080p input, so the image being projected is surrounded by a black frame. The same happens in mirror mode and extend mode. Even if I change my MBA resolution to 1024 x 768 and mirror the external display as the same resolution, the output of the DisplayPort/HDMI still is recognized by the projector as 1080p.

Has anybody else run into this problem and what is the solution?

Thanks for the help.

2. BluePotato thread starter macrumors member

3. MacRuler macrumors 6502

Your doing it right. Now just connect the charger to the laptop and close the laptop. It will display the full screen.

4. BluePotato thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. So if I understand you correctly, the HDMI output from the MBA will only output a true 1024 x 768 signal if the charger is connected and the screen is closed? That seems odd to me.

With the screen open and no charger connected, I can see an image on the projector, so the signal is getting there, it's just not being received as a 1024 x 768 signal by the projector.