Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
Ok here's the story:

Just picked up a beauty of an external HD, a Western Digital 250GB USB 2.0 external HD and tried to get it to mount at the same time as my Maxtor 200GB USB 2.0/FireWire External HD. Won't work.

Tried using the Maxtor in both USB & Firewire mode and neither one will mount when the Western Digital drive is mounted. By itself, either one will mount and be sucessfully usable by my iBook, but at the same time....no dice.

I do have an iBook (933 mhz G4 with 640 Ram running Tiger), so I'm thinking it could just be an iBook or Apple Laptop limitation. Does anybody know if this is the case? I did a search and couldn't come up with anything on the forums & Applecare is closed down for the night. Any advice or knowledge would be super helpful as I would like to migrate some of the data from my old drive to the new one (to make the Firewire one bootable :)

Thanks in advance!

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
Fixed...

N/M...

Re-downloaded the drivers (they're from 2003...guess Apple missed that one!), restarted and now it's working swimmingly.

Now to enjoy the 450 gigs of storage....muh hahahah

Attachments

• Drive me baby!.jpg
    Drive me baby!.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 92
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.