Can't get any applications I've downloaded to work!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Nickismusic, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Nickismusic macrumors newbie

I have multiple programs that I have tried getting to work but have no luck running.
    I got my iMac for the core reason of recording music, for preproduction for when we go to the studio. I used to have a PC and decided to make the switch, best decision ever.
    Anyways, multiple programs, (I.E. Guitar Pro 6, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, and Guitar Rig), I will install perfectly fine then when I try to run them, they will sit on the load up screen with the beach ball and say "program not responding" and I'll have to force quit.
    I'm pretty new to Macs so any information is gonna be helpful!
    Thanks so much.
    Nick

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

All you have said is that you installed software that does not work. That is not enough information to diagnose your problem.

3. Nickismusic thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried everything I know that I could do to fix them. I've tried reinstalling them, installing on a different account, etc. What other options would I have to diagnosing the problem? I don't really know how to use most of the utilities in the "other" folder on my launchpad.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

In your first post, you gave insufficient information about the problem. In your second post, you gave no additional information about your problem, but you talk about your attempts to fix it. Think of how you would handle a medical problem. If you were ill, you would not begin by talking about which drug you took to cure while you attempted to cure yourself--at least, not at frist. You would first tell your doctor where you hurt and under what circumstances.