Can't get Apple Remote working with new 17" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MoodyM, May 16, 2010.

1. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

I just bought a brand new MBP from the Apple Store today, 17" one.

I had an iMac, and did a transfer via Firewire of all my stuff to the new MBP. I then wiped the iMac clean and reinstalled Snow Leopard and moved it to my parents house.

However the Apple Remote I had with the iMac, which was paired with the iMac, will not work with the MBP at all. I tried going into System Prefs on the MBP and pairing the remote, no luck. I tried turning off the infrared receiver in the same settings pane, no luck. I tried popping out the battery of the remote and put it back in, no luck.

I then tried my girlfriend's Apple Remote (which is paired with her MacBook 13"), no luck. I turned off the infrared receiver in her MacBook to make sure it wasn't interfering or whatever, still no luck. Neither Apple Remote will work with my brand new MBP.

Does it have a broken infrared port u think?

2. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

Sorted. I forgot I had a 3rd party remote driver (Candelair) installed, needed for 10.6 to work with Plex properly.

Somehow, when using Migration Assistant to copy my iMac stuff to the MBP, the driver must not transfer properly.

I uninstalled Candelair, rebooted, and the remote worked fine. I then reinstalled Candelair, and it still works fine.

3. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

Thanks for this, Candelair solved my IR problem!

4. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM