Can't get drivers for W7 64 bit

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Abscissa, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Abscissa, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011

Abscissa macrumors regular

I just installed Windows 7 on my macbook and I can't get drivers. I have Lion, but I have a leopard disc. When I try to run bootcamp it won't let me, it says it's not compatible in windows so I can't get the drivers. I did the thing in bootcamp where it downloads and you burn it to a disc but with the same results. Any ideas? Basically I can't right click, use any of the F keys, no sound.

2. MJL macrumors 6502a

I have not yet got Lion but I have Snow Leopard and Windows 7. Under Windows 7 there is no real need to run boot camp in order to get the drivers installed. You can insert the DVD and manually load the drivers, they are in a folder. (Browse around in Windows 7 on the DVD and you'll find them.) You can also let Windows 7 search the DVD for the drivers but I suspect it may not find some of the more specialized stuff like the keyboard.

3. Abscissa thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, I found a way to do that, I downloaded some program and bootcamp ran. Everything works, except for sound. I tried manually installing RealTek from the disc, but when bootcamp ran it uninstalled that and used SigmaTel or whatever it is. Needless to say, neither worked. any idea?

4. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

When you run Boot Camp Assistant in Lion, it give you the option to download the Windows Support software and then save it onto a USB drive. I'd try that, then boot into Windows and try installing the files from the USB drive.

5. Abscissa thread starter macrumors regular