Cant get drivers for windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Phish30, May 4, 2009.

1. Phish30 macrumors newbie

i have no sound on the windows partition of my macbook. i need to burn the CD through the setup assistant (i think) but when i open it i get this

[​IMG]

i already tried erasing it and reinstalling XP. is there another way to get the drivers i need?

thanks alot!

2. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

Did you follow the Bootcamp instructions and pop in the OS X disc? That's what supplies the drivers for XP on your Mac.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

So did you already merge the partitions?

If you did, then you need to follow the instructions in that message to create the partition again, and reinstall XP. Once that is done, insert your Install Disc 1 in Windows and the drivers should start to install.

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

You don't need the Assistant to burn a drivers CD anymore. Your OS X install disc has the drivers on it. Just boot into Windows, insert the disc, and it should autorun the installer.

5. Phish30 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the help all! but,
    ok, so that should of been a no brainer. i have a 20g partition that semi-smoothly runs XP. but i installed steam and such and it keeps crashing on me. and when i move windows around it is a little slow in drawing the frame again. it lags or leaves a streak on the screen for a second.

where can i get updated video drivers?

6. Markov macrumors 6502

Markov

That is most likely a side effect of not installing the video driver, or any of them for that matter. Install the drivers from the OS X boot disk/ leopard disk.

Updated video drivers? What are your specs?

Does your macbook have the... GMA 950, GMA X3100, or the GeForce 9400m?

7. Phish30 thread starter macrumors newbie

i have some specs in the 1st post and heres what else i could find that would be helpful. but where can i find out what graphics card im running?

Macbook 4,1
    Main Driver: igxprd32.dll
    Version: 6.14.0010.4897
    Name: Moblie intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family