Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Haxoware

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2010
I Can't get no Facetime call over 3g on my iphone
i am using 3g unrestrictor

using facetime on my mac to iphone will not get the call over the 3g

any one have this Problem?? ok thanks

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
I Can't get no Facetime call over 3g on my iphone
i am using 3g unrestrictor

using facetime on my mac to iphone will not get the call over the 3g

any one have this Problem?? ok thanks

users are having this same issue with 3GU, as it gives you a missed call but never rings. i did my own tests yesterday and if you download my3g it will delete 3GU for you and it will work. i am sure the devs for 3GU will come out with an update real soon.

ivandr

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
You can make 3G Unrestrictor work with 4.1 (I'm working off an i4, GP'd w/ iOS 4.1)...
1 Go into the 3G Unrestrictor settings and add "MobilePhone (FaceTime)" as an unrestricted app
2 Click the blue arrow to edit settings and TURN ON "Enable IsDirect Flag"
3 Leave WiFi on, it doesn't have to connect to a network, just needs to be on.

This is a workaround that has been posted until the 3G Unr. dev can update the app to work with 4.1, this works for now but can be a pain (especially in college campuses and other areas with widespread wifi blanketing [that doesn't have enough of a signal to transmit on but the phone still autojoins the network])

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
You can make 3G Unrestrictor work with 4.1 (I'm working off an i4, GP'd w/ iOS 4.1)...
1 Go into the 3G Unrestrictor settings and add "MobilePhone (FaceTime)" as an unrestricted app
2 Click the blue arrow to edit settings and TURN ON "Enable IsDirect Flag"
3 Leave WiFi on, it doesn't have to connect to a network, just needs to be on.

This is a workaround that has been posted until the 3G Unr. dev can update the app to work with 4.1, this works for now but can be a pain (especially in college campuses and other areas with widespread wifi blanketing [that doesn't have enough of a signal to transmit on but the phone still autojoins the network])

hey thanks for this tip but it still does not work for me. i guess ill have to wait for an update in the mean time.

outphase

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

3G Unrestrictor's newest version seems to have broken receiving calls over 3G. Someone has mentioned in another thread that the dev was aware of this on the 18th. I tried the my3g trial, and it works with that ok

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.