Cant get FaceTime to work?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lewb, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Lewb macrumors member

Hello, please could you guys help me recently got an iMac an tried to use FaceTime with my iPhone 4 and iMac i logged into FaceTime on my iMac using the login i use for iTunes and then verified it but then when i try an call my iPhone 4 it rings then i answer it an it just stays on the "connecting" screen? and then when i call from my iPhone 4 to my iMac it says "user busy" when I'm not doing anything could someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or how i can get it working? Thanks in advanced.

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I'm having problems with Face Time, too. (MacBook Pro, early 2011)

When I get a call, I click on "Accept", and I don't connect. Often takes 3 or 4 tries tho get the call.

Worse, when I try to call back, I get ringing on my end, burt it doesn't ring on the on other end.

Any ideas?:confused:

3. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I was having the same problem. I could connect fine to my iMac, but with my Mini with a camera attached it would just say connecting.

They were on the same network in my home, but the mini had different DNS settings than my iMac. I use a router, and have it pointed to Open DNS, so I changed the DNS settings on my mini to point to the Router, which is how my iMac was set.

You might start there.

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Thanks for the suggestion.:D

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Discovered that a reboot fixed the problem. I have no idea why since I'm a complete techno-boob.

Reboot - the solution to all problems!!:D;)

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Is your Modem And Router A Single Unit?

These are often supplied by ISPs and the tend to be C******p if you have a separate router, you can disable the wifi side of the single ISP supplied kit, meaning you are only using it as a modem.

I won't go into too much more detail, but I use a Draytek router which handles Evrything. The modem is connected to the router, and that's it.

Can be a bit diddly to setup up but MUCH better than the all in one units!