Can't get Finder folder background to stick

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fongyuen, Nov 11, 2008.

1. fongyuen macrumors 6502

recently migrated to a new mbp so i didn't have this problem before, but i would set a background pic to my Home folder, turn off or reboot and the next time osx starts up, the pic would be gone and i would have to set it again, very annoying, anyone know how to fix this? thanks.

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Once you changed the background of the Finder, did you tell it to use it as the defaults?

Edit: Also make sure that all the Finder windows are closed. Then open up 1 Finder window and change the settings on that.

3. fongyuen thread starter macrumors 6502

i tried setting it as the default but then every time i opened a window in finder, it had the background, which is not what i want, i only wanted it for that home folder. i have tried it with just one window opened, but every time i reboot, it has to be redone. :/

4. 3rdfinger macrumors newbie

3rdfinger

have you tried repairing your disk permissions?

if not, here's how.
    APPLICATIONS > UTILITIES > DISK UTILITY
    click on your harddrive on the left, click repair disk permissions.

restart the machine, test it.

5. fongyuen thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm, well, i did repairing the permissions and it repaired a bunch of stuff, rebooted, setting still didn't stick. repaired again, rebooted, still the same. under view options, it just keeps going back to White instead of staying on Picture.