Can't get full printer options in OSX

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Luis Ortega, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Luis Ortega macrumors 6502a

I have a Canon Pixma iP4500 inkjet printer connected to my Mac Pro.
    The printer options are very limited whenever I try to print from any software (Photoshop, etc.), yet when I use the printer in Photoshop when running Windows on the same Mac I get a large window with all the setup options for paper types, print quality, maintenance routines, etc.
    Why am I not getting the full print options when running OSX as opposed to Windows?
    Have I failed to install the necessary utilities?
    Also, on the Mac, in applications/utilities, there is no printer setup utility yet the Canon manual refers to accessing the print options through this.
    Is it really necessary to navigate all around in Finder just to get to a printer driver and set print options?
    Why can't I get the full printer driver interface in Mac applications like I get on the Windows side?
    Thanks for any advice.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Does your printing box look like the attached picture. If so, the third drop down box allows access to all the settings you want. If not, the driver you are using does not allow those options. Download the newest Canon drivers for OSX.

TEG

Attached Files:

3. Luis Ortega thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks a lot. I downloaded the latest drivers and now I can access most of the options from the application and the maintenance utilities from the print and fax window in system prefs.
    It's different from the Windows driver but it's all there in a couple of locations.

4. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

To follow this up:
    I have Canon Pixma iP4300 printer with the same trouble. Would I get the Canon drivers on a Canon web site or an Applw web site? Any help is appreciated!
    Morod
    UPDATE: Never mind, and thanks anyway. I found the link to the Canon drivers site on the Apple web site.