Can't get iCloud to work...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WannaApple?, Oct 11, 2011.

1. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Installed iOS 5 GM last night, set up all settings on phone, signed in at iCloud.com, etc. but when I go to my account at iCloud.com, none of my contacts, calendar or mail is there and therefore my notifications aren't working. Everything is working fine on my phone, but that's probably from the sync with itunes.

In settings, notifications are turned on, the iCloud settings are turned on and I'm signed into my account and under Mail, Contacts & Calendars, it is set to display notifications from iCloud.

Can anyone help? Is there something I'm doing wrong or a setting I'm missing somewhere? Thanks

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm pretty sure iCloud hasn't fully been deployed yet, that would be tomorrow from what I've heard.

3. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

You realize its not live yet right?

Apple has been taking it up and down the last week to prepare it for launch. They are also clearing out all iCloud accounts and music as it was for testing only. I hope you have a back up.

Just sit tight until weds and then hopefully everything will be live and working properly.

4. WannaApple? thread starter macrumors 6502a

I knew it wasnt open to the public yet, but I thought developers were allowed to test it already. I cant seem to backup to iCloud either as iTunes says my last backup was at 10:40 last night which was when I downloaded iOS 5 GM.

Maybe I am a bit early....just thought it was working for developers and was worried that something wasnt set right. I'll wait until tomorrow before I tinker with it some more, thanks.

5. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

They just wiped the entire iCloud system prior to releasing the GM. Also, they've locked any new developers coming on. That's pretty standard really...

It'll be widely available tomorrow, so just hang in there! :D