Can't get icons to "wiggle" on 16gb itouch, help please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brookegolf, Sep 27, 2008.

1. brookegolf macrumors newbie

I have a 16gb itouch and want to rearrange the icons, but when I touch the icon and hold it, like the manual says, nothing happens. I have software version 1.1.5. A friend has an 8gb with that same software and his works when you touch the icons. Any ideas on how to fix this??

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

If im not mistaken you have to buy the JSU (which is technically now 2.0)

2nd gen or 1st?

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

He has the January Software Update - this is now rolled into iPhone OS 2.1. You have to pay for it but it's worth every penny.

4. brookegolf thread starter macrumors newbie

I think it is the 1st gen. So I need to upgrade it to 2.0 and pay whatever the amount was when I saw the reminder on iTunes?? Not really interested in paying just to get the icons to wiggle. Thought they were supposed to anyways.

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You're paying for a hell of a lot more than just wiggling icons. You get more apps, the App Store, better software features. It's a whole new operating system for the iPod.

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

It's completely worth it just for the app store.

7. BennyK macrumors 6502

The software....Its like buying a car (the iPod) but not buying the gas (the software) to make it go.

It is pretty much useless without the gas

8. brookegolf thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. I upgraded it. Now how do I jailbreak it? I have been using ziphone, but that won't work now. Help please.

9. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Check out the App store before you do any jailbreaking, all of the great jailbroken apps ended up in the App store anyways, such as Flash Light, and Lights Out.

10. Rtb1 macrumors member

Rtb1

haha
    this girl is cracking me up.

obviously clueless about the actual features of the device, yet completely convinced she needs to hack it...

11. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Who can blame her? The need to make things do what they aren't supposed to is built into all humans (must... hack...) ;).

12. emt1 macrumors 65816

13. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

Are you sure you're not wiggling your head? Because doing so could cause the icons to appear stationery.

14. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Hahaha, great post.

15. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F137 Safari/525.20)

now that you have 2.1, you don't need to jailbreak unless you want to customize your iPod. Seeing as you didn't know about the appstore, mostof the advanced functions of jailbreaking would be useless for you.

16. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

yes that is is the first thing a lot of ppl do if looking at some1s ipod for the first time.