Can't get iMessages to sync on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by HungarianStan, Sep 14, 2016.

1. HungarianStan macrumors member

So, after the latest update, I noticed that iMessages on my Mac was updating at all. I still had iMessages working fine on my iPad and iPhone. Also, I noticed when I try to use Airdrop, my Mac doesn't recognize my iPad as "My Contacts" and only recognizes it when I switch the iPad to "Everyone". I don't know if the two problems are connected, but I feel they might be.

In any case, so far, I've signed out of iMessage on all three devices. I've deleted various plists and signed out if, and re-signed in to iCloud several times now. In all cases, I can't get my Mac to sync with iMessage. On the iPhone, I can slide over the bar and get the Text Fowarding code to popup on my iPad, but though my iPhone recognizes my Mac, I can't get the Text Forwarding code to popup on my Mac.

I've had the problem, I think, since the last update. It's driving my crazy. Anyone know what I can do?

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Have you signed out of iMessade, FaceTime, iTunes on all devices - restart them and resign them in one at a time? Fairly common software bug - this doesn't always fix it. Try a few google searches. I had similar problem before.

3. HungarianStan thread starter macrumors member

I haven't tried signing out of iTunes (first time I've seen that suggestion) but yes, I've done the FT and iMessage full sign out,. all devices. When I get home today from work I'll give the other one a whirl. Can't be worse than what I have now (which is nothing). I did a fair amount of googling and most of the advice was sign out of everything, then try it all again.