Can't get into Google, need advice, SEO!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by thecritix, Jun 5, 2009.

1. thecritix macrumors 6502

Hi All

So my site has been up for around 12-16 weeks, I've submitted to google and directories, I've built a site map here are what I think could be the problems but I don't know enough about SEO to be sure:

1. playlivemusic.net for a UK company, will the .net be adversely affecting?

2. It's a forwarding domain, so the real website is http://web.me.com/nickraymond/Playlive/Home.html which the domain redirects to.

3. Lack of traffic, am i right in thinking less traffic means lower ranking?

4. iWeb, will google read its built in iweb and so rank it lower?

I'm very interested to hear everyones suggestions and would be incredibly grateful for any ideas.

Thank You

Nick

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

1. No.
    2. No as long as you use a 301 or 302 redirect rather than an html page redirecting.
    3. No. Less traffic just means you have not advertised the site well enough. Get more links, add more content is the magic rule.
    4. No.

Google has already indexed your site by the way, so it is in the Google search directory it probably just does not have many links to it and thus has a low page rank.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Agreed, "no" on all accounts. You can make improvements on your site to better your ranking, but some of it is hard to accomplish when using iWeb, but getting inbound links is one of the best ways.

4. thecritix thread starter macrumors 6502