Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
I am trying to jailbreak my iphone 3G, IOS4.2.1 with redsn0w 0.9.6b6. The problem comes where I can't put this phone into DFU mode.

The power button is working as well as the home button. So it is puzzuling me. I have been jailbreaking lot of iphones and have not seen this issue. I have been searching around and see if I can find a way to get around it but the more I think about this, I can't go with other method.

1. If I downgrade it to a lower IOS so I can use different method of jailbreaking (Spirit or other) without getting the phone into DFU, it will work but the baseband remain 05.15.04 and therefore, I can't unlock it with Ultrasn0w 1.2

2. The only way to upgrade the baseband to 06.15 is using redsn0w and currently I have problem with getting this phone into DFU.

Does anyone have similar issue with this? if so, would you please advise how did you fix it and get it to work?

Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.