Can't Get iPhoto App From App Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by F-Stop, Feb 16, 2012.

1. F-Stop macrumors member

F-Stop

Ok, so late last year i bought my MBAir from a guy who had owned it for about two weeks before realising that he preferred the iPad to the MBA hence him selling it to me (i actually gave him my iPad2 plus some cash on top).

However, he must have used his Apple account to register the iLife 11 suite of Apps which he wiped off the Air when he did a fresh install of Lion before we completed the sale. I've subsequently tried to download iPhoto, iMovie and Garageband from the App store but it won't let me as it says i need to use his Apple id and password which, obviously and understandably, he doesn't want to give me.

The Apps are showing as available to me to download by just hitting the 'Accept' button but then asks me for his details or states that if i don't have these details i will need to pay for them. I don't mind paying for them but it only gives me the option to 'Accept' which leads me back around to asking for his details again :confused:

I only actually want iPhoto as i want to use the photo stream service in iCloud but am lost as to how to do this :eek:

Sorry, but can anybody help me with this please?

Thanks, Andy :confused:

2. Blomkvist macrumors member

Blomkvist

I would think that you will need to log into the App store with your own Apple ID....and then attempt to download the app. I'm not at my mac, otherwise would list the steps to do so. Hopefully this points you in the right direction!

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

If that won't work, phone Apple and explain the situation. They should be able to re-set things so that you are able to buy the Apps you want.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Are you getting the error "These have already been assigned to another AppleID"? If so, the only solution will be to purchase the iLife '11 DVD and use the Remote Disc feature of OS X or an external SuperDrive, and install the iLife software from there. If its any consolation you get iDVD and iWeb this way... :)

5. F-Stop thread starter macrumors member

F-Stop

If i log in with my ID the only option i get for each app is 'Accept' but when i click on it i have to log in with the original owners ID or it won't let me download it...its like a vicious circle :mad:

----------

I just might end up having to do this :(

----------

Yep, you might be right...i wonder how much i could get it from on eBay :confused:

6. alstrike macrumors regular

alstrike

Same thing happened to me. I phoned Apple yesterday and they would not offer a solution apart from purchasing iLife, so I had to get it from somewhere else...