Can't get ivisor off my MBP! Please help!

mtthwcmn1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I can't get my ivisor off of my macbook pro and I am going nuts. Suggestions would be very nice.

Loshie

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
United Kingdom
Use a app removal software. CCleaner should get the application removed easily. My application of choice would be cleanmymac as it removes every trace however it is not free.

iLukeJoseph

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2011
Use a app removal software. CCleaner should get the application removed easily. My application of choice would be cleanmymac as it removes every trace however it is not free.
Uh, pretty sure ivisor is a screen protector/anti-glare..... If so, what exactlly is the problem? Adhesive to stuck on? I would take a hair dryer and carefully warm up the ivisor. Should make it easier to remove.

Macral

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2012
Have you tried using a strong tape?
Put each on every corner, then try to pull all of them together.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
cleanmymac has been known to wreck systems. Avoid it.

If you want to remove an app, GJStudios has a guide to the safe and complete way to do it

Best way to FULLY DELETE a program

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/11171082/

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Uh, pretty sure ivisor is a screen protector/anti-glare..... If so, what exactlly is the problem? Adhesive to stuck on? I would take a hair dryer and carefully warm up the ivisor. Should make it easier to remove.
Hairdryer is the way to go for adhesives.

I remember back in the day, kids used to use them to warm up the warranty stickers before modding their consoles. If you ripped them off you'd be left with the "VOID" holes in the adhesive; but if you warmed them up with a hairdryer first they came off whole :p

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Nice resurrection of an 10 month old thread. First, iVisor is a screen protector, not an app, so no software will remove it.

Also, as far as deleting apps go, neither of those apps removes every trace and they can cause problems. Avoid them both. In most cases, app removal software doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this and this. If you just want to delete the app, drag the .app file to the trash. No other software needed. If you want to completely remove all associated files/folders, no removal apps will do the job.

Use the method in the link posted by old-wiz to completely remove apps, including the two you mentioned.