Can't get Lion update for iWork

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by craiger902, Aug 10, 2011.

  1. craiger902 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2010
    #1
    I have a 2010 MBP and had iWork 09 preinstalled. I upgraded to Lion shortly after it was released but I haven't been able to update Pages, Keynote or Numbers to the latest releases that take advantage of the new Lion features. I check software update but it says everything is up to date. Sometimes when I open one of the programs it says an update is available and I click on software updates but again it says they are up to date. I can't update through the Mac App store as I didn't purchase them through that. Finally, I tried downloading the update from the Apple website but it says "an eligible keynote was not found." Any ideas how I can get iWork updated?
     
  2. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2007
    Location:
    Covington, WA, USA
    #2
    If you're not running the latest versions & Software Update says your software is up to date, make sure the applications are where the installer initially put them. The updaters are very picky. If the location is not where the updater is programmed to look or if the folder doesn't have the name the updater looks for, it will not work. The applications cannot be renamed or moved. They must be in the iWork '09 folder in Applications. That iWork folder must be named iWork '09. If it doesn't have the '09 Software Update won't find them & the updaters won't work.
     
  3. warum macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2011
    #3
    Thanks PeggyD, your solution worked like a charm. Still don't get why the installer doesn't just use find, mdfind or something like that to locate the old apps and move them to the location it "prefers" before updating...
     
  4. paul.coman macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2012
    #4
    Works great!

    Thank you PeggyD, your solution worked for me.
     
  5. mrtune macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2007
    #5
    Found this thread via google today. I know this thread is old, but I had the same problem and PeggyD's solution worked for me as well.

    I guess I never should have pulled the apps out of that folder back in the day, lol.
     

Share This Page