Can't get mac mini to share internet to xbox 360

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Monoxide, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Monoxide macrumors newbie

Basically i have a g4 mac mini running 10.5 and i am trying to share from wireless to ethernet. i have that all set up in the internet sharing setup. i've tried many different tutorials online and i just keep running into an error saying it cant resolve the dns servers or whatever.

My router ip is 192.168.2.1
    my macs ip is 192.168.2.10
    i have the DNS numbers from my iSp

on the xbox i enter the ip of the xbox as 192.168.2.22
    subnet: 255.255.255.0
    gateway: 192.168.2.1 (router)

then my DNS numbers manually set, i've also tried using my macs and routers ip's as DNS and no dice. i just keep getting the same DNS error. i have a bunch of ports for xbox live opened to my xbox ip.

is there something i'm missing? in a lot of the tutorials there are people saying it works and it wont for me even though i'm following instructions exactly. it worked for me at one point when i was using tiger but now it wont on leopard.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I'm pretty sure the xbox should have the gateway set to the ip the mac is issuing as a gateway not your router.

3. Monoxide thread starter macrumors newbie

now its saying it cannot connect to my network hardware using a static iP address

4. Monoxide thread starter macrumors newbie

ohhhh ok i got it figured out, i had to go into my ethernet card settings and manually put in its ip and subnet and now it works.

appreciate the help thanks!