Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philparis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
Hello all !

I am a "new" Iphoner

I have an Iphone 3GS 16 Go jailbroken and unlocked running Cydia with OpenSSH installed

the iOS is 4.3.3 (8J2)

i am trying since days to transfer some music files from my Mac on this Iphone

It has NEVER been recognized by any Itunes either from Tiger, Leopard or Snow Leopard

via Wifi using OpenSSH and Cyberduck i have been able to transfer some mp3s as a test in these folders:

var/mobile/Media/iTunes-Control/Music/F01

var/mobile/Media/iTunes-Control/Music/

var/mobile/Media/My Music

var/mobile/Media/Misc

NONE of the music files ever appeared in the Ipod application of the Iphone !

Could someone here guide me on some track to solve this problem ?

Thank you in advance for any help

Philippe, Paris

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
if itunes doesn't work you could try pwntune or CopyTrans Control Center but of those should allow you to transfer music to you iphone but i would recommending working out whats up with itunes as it should work.

philparis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
thank you for the quick reply
All the apps you mention are exclusively available on Windows, not on OS X though my problem !
What would you suggest about Itunes ?

Philippe

philparis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
i will certainly not do that as i dont know how to do it and dont want to end up with a bricked phone (ans also lose my gsm provider unlock !)
I bought it on Ebay unlocked jailbroken Cydia installed
Any clue about making Ipod recognize mp3 files ?

philparis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
Thank you Holmes093 thats very kind of you
but that one of the first things i tried and it did not work (i dont know if it applies to jailbroken phones though)
I changed the usb cable also, no result
so i am into the ssh process and i think that is the way to go but maybe i miss something in doing it

Tech Elementz

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2011
@philparis - Are you attempting to sync music over WiFi or are you plugging in your iPhone to your Mac via the connection cable and seeing if iTunes will recognize your iPhone that way?

philparis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
Holmes093: Floola does'nt work with iPhones ! Thank you anyway
Tech Elementz: i have been able to access the iPhone via SSH, Wifi and Cyberduck
It has NEVER been recognized by any os X operating system, iTunes version while hooked by USB cable
By the way, i think i screwed the iPod while trying to update/changing some files in his structure (is there a place where i could find/download a virgin version of the iPod files for iOS 4.3.3 ?)
In the meantime i managed to upload a lot of music in the Documents folder of the app SMusic from Cydia. It is working OK but it is NOT like iPod/iTunes.
Does anyone know where i could find a 3rd party GOOD mp3 player (even paying) ?
Again thanks to all for help

Philippe, Paris, France

blesio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2011
Why don't you just go legit and get rid of the JB? Didn't hear any cases of music syncing problems on non jailbroken devices.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Why don't you just go legit and get rid of the JB? Didn't hear any cases of music syncing problems on non jailbroken devices.

wow you bumped this from august to give this advice. I'm jailbroken I have no sync issues and I'm legit. :rolleyes: I buy my stuff. Oh wait if I want to open my device two 3rd party apps. I'm bad!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.