Can't get my .mac e-mails to work on iMac

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by jan08, Oct 14, 2011.

1. jan08 macrumors regular

As of Tuesday I have been unable to access my .mac e-mails at all. It said my MobileMe had expired and I couldn't upgrade. This has led me to download and install Lion to get iCloud which I assumed would work but still no joy.

When I go into iCloud settings I click the box for Mail and it just sticks on "Starting". When I go into Mail preferences the box to alter the incoming mail server is greyed out and I can't access it.

I'm completely at a loss so any help would be most appreciated.

2. jan08 thread starter macrumors regular

anybody? I'm really confused here, can't get any e-mails no matter what I do

3. jan08 thread starter macrumors regular

I've tried that as well. It just goes straight to Find My Phone. There is nothing anywhere about moving my account. This is the worst experience I've had with Apple in 6 years of being a very, very happy customer

4. hassr macrumors newbie

You are out of luck. I have the same problem. Everything is explained here

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4436

under the How do I sign up for iCloud? ->I have an expired MobileMe or .Mac account. How do I sign up for iCloud?

"To use your expired account for iCloud, follow the iCloud setup instructions and enter your expired MobileMe or .Mac email address as your Apple ID. If you have an @me.com address, it will be reactivated for email when you sign up for iCloud. @mac.com addresses will not be reactivated for email, but you can set up a new @me.com email address."