Can't get my touch to jailbreak on 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Mikey B, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Hi guys

I am having a heck of a time getting my touch to jailbreak on the 1.1.2 firmware. I'm pretty sure I'm following all the directions, but everytime after the jailbreak.jar file seems to be finished, my touch gets stuck in restore mode. It's been really frustrating. WHat am I doing wrong? I downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbroke it, installed OKtoprep, updated it in itunes, closed itunes, ran the jar, and when it jailbreak says its completed, my touch is stuck in restore mode. Is there a step that I'm missing? I've searched the forum, and can't seem to find an answer. Thanks so much for any and all help. It seems like there are some benefits to running 1.1.2 (faster processer speed and bus speed) but I really love having a jailbroken touch, and just can't get it to work.

Mike

2. nickarmadillo macrumors regular

I am having the exact same problem. I get down to the last step of jailbreaking where it says that my ipod will reboot several times and the process will be finished, but then it gets stuck in restore mode. Has anyone figured this out?

3. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

Hey Mike,
    What good bro? Well the only thing that i can think of... is the step when you upgrade to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1. The only major thing included in this update is the fact that you will be able to add events to your calender. However, there is a 3rd party app. that you may download to get this cool feature.

So, i would say, proceed with your jail breaking but skip upgrading. Hope it works for you. :apple:

4. nickarmadillo macrumors regular

just tried that and it does not work. If it helps, I am using os 10.5.1. Anybody?

5. Mikey B thread starter macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I'm using leopard too, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I wonder. Or does the version of itunes matter? The main reason I wanted to update was because I heard that the processor speed is bumped up in 1.1.2, but it isn't a major increase. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem. It seems like most people haven't had any problems, but I sure have. I guess I'll just stick to 1.1.1, which works just fine. But if anyone has encountered the same problem and found a way to get it working, I would love to know how!