Can't get myself to complete the transaction!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cni2i, Jun 13, 2009.

1. cni2i macrumors member

Hey everyone. I have never owned a mac. But, I have used them (friends, apple store, etc...). I love the MBP. I am planning to replace my Sony Vaio all-in-one desktop with the 17" MBP.

So, my total bill with the MBP 17" with iWork (educator disc.), iPod touch 8GB, printer ($99), tax and shipping ($27) was over $2900. I have gone through the checkout process a few times (I know...lame :rolleyes:), but just can't click on that final button to finalize the sale!

Help me! :confused::D:D

BTW: when can we send in the rebates for the iPod and printer? Do we have to wait until after we receive the items, or can we do it right after we complete the order? Thanks.

2. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

You can email it as soon as you get your receipt. If I were you I would consider a 13.3" or 15.4" instead. Sure you're getting rebates for the printer and Touch, but 17" is huge for a laptop. I would just go ahead and get an iMac. You are replacing your desktop, huh? :rolleyes: But really, I'd only get a MBP if I needed to be portable (which I do, student). Or you can go the route of 13.3" MBP and 24" LED display. That may be a little cheaper, but offers you a great pallet of screen and ultimate portability. Think about it.

3. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...not to mention, if you travel at all try opening a 15" or a 17" laptop on a plane unless of course your sitting in business or first class...

4. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

This isn't going to help you much, but unless you need it ASAP, why spend $27 on shipping? Their free shipping is fast enough as it is. (And it's free)

5. cni2i thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the replies. I do plan to use the mac mostly at work (85%). I do like the suggestion of the smaller MBP with a nice 24" screen. But, aren't the apple monitors pretty pricey too??!! I guess I have to look into that. That's why I enjoy this site so much...getting different opinions from more experienced mac users.

As for the $27, I wasn't sure how fast/slow the "free" shipping was, that's why I chose the faster shipping. But if free shipping is about the same, then I guess I could shave off another $27.

6. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Apple's monitors are pricey, and are professional grade. But do you need a high quality monitor? You can find 24" displays for less than half the cost of a new ACD. In other words, just your purchase of an Apple computer does not mean you have to buy an Apple display. There are tonnes of non-Apple options and solutions out there.