Cant get out of safe mode - help please!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cperchard, Feb 16, 2012.

1. cperchard macrumors 6502a

Keep getting this message:

"We apologise for the inconvenience, but Springboard has just crashed.
    MobileSubstrate/did not/cause this problem: it has protected you from it.
    Your device is now running in Safe Mode. All extensions that support this safety system are disabled.

I went back into winterboard, unchecked everything, resprung, but still it wont let me get out of safe mode, every time i restart, same thing!

Any help for a worried newb please? :(

2. Ali. macrumors member

It's likely the last tweak you installed is causing the crash. Try uninstalling it in safe mode, respring and reboot and see if that helps.

3. cperchard thread starter macrumors 6502a

tried that as well......it was Sista....got rid of it in ifile but that aint helping either :(

4. cperchard thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've even tried deleting other theme's i added from yesterday......but still every reset brings me to same error message and safe mode :(

5. Philmyboots macrumors member

Download crash reporter from cydia. Also delete the package in cydia rather than through I file.

----------

Install crash reporter and remove packages through cydia rather than ifile

6. HumansRouter, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012

HumansRouter macrumors newbie

Try this to make your PC boot normally

Click on Start button and then click on Run (start search in case of vista/win7) and type "msconfig" without the quotes and hit the enter key. Go to the 'Boot' tab and uncheck 'Safe boot" option. Click on Apply and Ok button and then restart the PC. It should be fixed!!!:)

7. cperchard thread starter macrumors 6502a

yea i removed it from cydia too....still nothing, just installed crash reporter.......no idea what to do though.....viewed crash log and tbh it's all gibberish to me :(

8. cperchard thread starter macrumors 6502a

Never mind i found it.....something called LiveClock....deleted that and now it's fine :)