Cant get Pages document to attach to an email

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NewGuyToMac, Oct 21, 2008.

1. NewGuyToMac macrumors newbie

I have created a document in Pages and I am trying to get it to attach to an email and am having difficulties. I have tried using my Mobile Me account, my school account, and my Yahoo account. I have tried in both Safari and Firefox. Any ideas why its not attaching?

Thanks for the help!

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I remember having a problem emailing Pages documents a while back. I don't use it that much often. Have you tried googling for it?

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i think the way pages saves is a bit weird, and since its not the 'normal' or 'standard' document some places have trouble with it.

easiest way to solve it: create and archive of the file and send it that way.

4. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

I've had the same problem, hopefully this will be fixed in iWork '09 whenever it comes out.

5. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Pages is actually saving documents as a package (=kind of a folder). You can attach it flawlessly using Mail, but not using a web-based client (since it's not a file). There are currently two workarounds:

1. Export to .pdf or .doc, and email.

2. Right-click on a pages document, make an archive (=.zip), and email that.

6. NewGuyToMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your help. Does Office do the same thing? I am a law student and have to email and print a lot of documents and thinking that I am going to get office and just use that.

7. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

are you using Mail? try using "Send Windows friendly attachments" in the open window which is selected by default.

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

no office documents are saved just like they are under windows and might be less hassle in the end for you.