Can't get past the apple logo

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrguy211, May 17, 2010.

1. mrguy211 macrumors newbie

May 17, 2010
    Hey everyone,
    I've looked through these forums and it seems everyone had the same problem as I do. The apple logo stays there as if it's starting up and then eventually disappears, and this process keeps repeating. But here's the catch: my iPhone is dead. So I can't press home+power buttons while disconnected to the computer, I've tried but the screen just stays black when it's not plugged in. When I plug it into my computer via USB, that's when I get the apple logo showing up and disappearing again. So mine is out of battery and when I plug it in, I get the same problem as the others. I'm not sure what to do, since I can't seem to get it in DFU mode. Oh I almost forgot, it isn't jailbroken or anything. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, I'm praying I don't look like an idiot haha.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. McGiord macrumors 601

Oct 5, 2003
    Dark Castle
    first charge it with the power adapter from a wall outlet, leave it there until it powers up. Then connect to iTunes a do a restore if needed. Sometimes the USB ports of a computer are not powerful enough to charge a fully drained iPhone.