Can't get past this screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Tuckmonster, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Tuckmonster macrumors regular

this is what I keep getting. just want to jailbreak my ipod. could someone give me a step by step because I AM HAVING TROUBLE

Attached Files:

2. macfan881 macrumors 68020

thats for the ziphone i think he needs pwnage

3. Xavier macrumors 68020

he means pwnage, and im having the same problem

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I had the same problem took 20 - 30 attempts at it but I finally got the damn thing to show dfu instructions.

with the devide at the home screen and hucked up to pc/mac just power off as normal, next when ipod is off hold the hole and sleep keys for 10 seconds, after you come to 10 let go of the sleep key and keep holding the home button in about 10 - 15 seconds your mac/pc your in dfu mode, nothing will be on the ipod screen and it will look as though the ipod is off, if you open itunes it should say ipod detected in recovery, now you just retry the pwnage tool

5. skasol macrumors 6502

I had the same problems, it's all in the timing, I held both buttons down for about 10 sec, I will see the itunes thing pop up and then disappear as soon as that happened I let go of the hold button (top one) and keep pressing the home button, then after 10-12 sec you will see nothing on the screen and the itunes will recognize it in restore mode, this is when you do the alt+command on a mac and select the custom firmware.

I hope this helps.

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1