can't get past time machine screen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tdw123456, Apr 12, 2010.

1. tdw123456 macrumors newbie

at least I think it's the time machine screen...

I've never used a MAC but I bought this imac for my wife because she thought it was the best looking computer in the world....

After it boots up, when i click on any icon, a calculator, a clock, and a calendar pop up on the screen. I can make them disappear but clicking on anything brings them back...
    and that's where I'm stuck.:confused:

We've had this computer for over a year and my wife has never complained before so this is a new problem.

TIA for any info

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Sounds like Dashboard is activating, not Time Machine. Have you tried a different mouse? Your PC mouse should work with Macs as well.

3. tdw123456 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. mac8867 macrumors 6502

your mouse is "stuck" is the best input.... your symptoms as described indicate the dashboard comes op when you click the mouse. On a standard setup, when you click the "little ball" in the center of the mouse, the dashboard comes up. It sounds like your mouse is "Stuck" in such a way that when you click, the "little ball" also clicks.

try a different mouse.

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You would get more input if you first responded to the input you had been given.

6. tdw123456 thread starter macrumors newbie

You were right, THANKS!
    I was able to get out and buy a new mouse today and that fixed all our problems. I never, in a million years, would have guessed this is a ouse problem, I don't think I've ever had a mouse go bad like this on a PC in the past 25 years.

Thanks again :D