Cant get printer to work.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rockworthy, Jul 7, 2007.

1. rockworthy macrumors newbie

I cant get my epson rx580 to work with my Imac. Last week I had a KP and had to reinstall OSX. I go to print something today and my print settings are gone. I go to print setup and my Imac sees my printer but I cant make it my printer. I select the Epson drop down menu and my model isnt there. I uesed the Epson disc to install everything over again and still nothing. The printer works fine and it is connected to the usb. What can I do to fix this probelm? If I cant find the drivers what do I do?

2. rockworthy thread starter macrumors newbie

can someone give me some guidence on this matter?

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You can only use a USB driver over a USB connection unless it is designed to handle other connections. If you are accessing your printer over the network, then you may use a CUPS driver. This has been talked to death on this forum. CUPS does not explicitly support your printer, but the driver for the Epson Stylus Photo RX590 may work. You may find it here.

If this does not work, then connect your printer to your Mac and access it as a PostScript printer from within Windows. This is explained in your MacOS X Help menu.