can't get rid of stain MBP screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dafke, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Dafke macrumors 6502

Dafke

Hi there,
    I'm afraid I did something stupid a while ago. I had some stains on my MacBook Pro screen coming from the keyboard. I used a little towel I got with my glasses to wipe them of. One stain didn't go away so easy so I wiped a little more. It still didn't go so I bought iKlear to clean the screen. Works nice but not for that particular stain, it's still there and I'm afraid I rubbed to hard with the glasses towel. The odd thing is you don't see any damage on the screen when it's of - no scratches or spots, I only see it on light backgrounds when the display is on.
    Anybody has any idea how to get rid of it? Is it a stain or is it a number of scratches from the glasses towel?

Thanx

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

You shouldn't be looking at those kinds of sites.

3. Dafke thread starter macrumors 6502

Dafke

You mean sites about peripherals to clean your screen like iKlear?

4. amitvach macrumors newbie

my 3 month old Mbp got similar keyboard stains as well. I showed it to the service center and they have agreed to replace the screen. I hope this does not happen with the new display as well.

5. pinktank macrumors 6502

you mean a bruise? sounds like you are defining a bruise and not a stain to me. Happens when you carry them in a pack, I advise a hard hat(speck or incase) to all mbp buyers

6. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

If your talking about markings from the keyboard, it's probably cause then your carrying your MBP in a bag that's too full!! If so, there's no way to 'remove' those stains cause they're physical markings - the only option is to get Apple to replace the screen then avoid it from happening again.

To prevent it from ever happening, one could use a iSkin silicon keyboard protector or some soft material to cover the keyboard while in transit -

Why do you think Apple includes that bit of packaging between the screen and the keyboard when it's new?? :rolleyes:

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No the ones that make a mess.

8. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

ROFL!! :D

9. amitvach macrumors newbie

I do use a speck hardcase! I use my MBP very sparingly and I am sure no one has sat on my backpack as well...will have to buy one of those chamois leather thingies to guard the screen when the lid is down. If the keypad is bruising the screen it might do it even after keeping the screen guard fabric on it..
    Apple hardware is super delicate and it is criminal that one has
    to buy all the additional expensive accessories after spending a fortune on the computer itself.
    Should I keep it in a soft- sleeve bag while it is not in use rather than a backpack? Will it help?

10. Arthur Vandelay macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same problem as the OP. From what I can see its kind of like a watermark you get on plasmas but with the shape of a stain. I can't seem to be able to remove it with anything. No one else has this problem at all?

11. tyoagaphe macrumors newbie

Same problem here; bruises are cropping up on the screen, even though I am far from careless with the Macbook Pro I am using. It is annoying but doesn't prevent making the computer usable.

I would like to know for sure if this is related to shocks (and if so, does some piece of cloth between the keyboard and the screen prevent the issue) or anything else.

I agree though, for a computer that is supposed to be of utmost quality, such a fragile screen (in comparison with any random / cheap PC) is quite a drawback in my opinion (with all the love I have for Mac product aside from this issue).