Can't get rid of Starbucks messages notifications

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by ra4oasis, Jun 23, 2016.

1. ra4oasis macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

Hopefully I'm not the only one with this problem. I open the Starbucks app, use it, all is well. Go back to the home screen, and I've got a red notification number now. It is saying I've got messages in the app. Two problems. One, I'm not even sure where the messages are. Problem two, I found I can go to the settings within the app, and the notification badge goes away if I turn off "message" push notifications. But that setting ALWAYS resets when I restart the app. What gives?

I could shut off all notifications for the app through iOS's settings, but I don't really want to do that, I'd just like for Starbucks to turn off their dumb messages permanently. Any ideas?

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

Why don't you want to shut off all their notifications?

3. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

As for messages in the App itself, Starbucks sends you these messages to, well, sell you more stuff. If you go into the Pay tab, then slide down your card image, you should see a bunch of stuff (adverts), some with buttons that say Messages. Tap that and a list of messages appears. I clear those out ever month or so.

As for your badge notification, I do not get those. FYI, I have my Notifications for the Starbucks app as follows:

Allow Notifications: On
    Show in Notification Center: On
    Sounds: Off
    Badge App Icon: Off
    Show on Lock screen: Off

Alert Style is set to Banners

With this setup, I only see banners when I make a purchase. No red badge icons and no sounds. And you won't get any notification badges for Messages that Starbucks sends you.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Change settings to what you want at Settings > Notifications > Starbucks