Can't get rid of TV Shows

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mainstreetmark, Oct 1, 2007.

1. mainstreetmark macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

So, I downloaded some of those "free" TV shows, and now they won't go away.

1. I watched the show on the iPhone, and it asked me to delete it which it did.
    2. Next Sync, iTunes decided to copy the unwatched same episode back to the iPhone.
    3. Noticing, I deleted it out of iTunes.
    4. Next Sync, iPhone pushed the episode back into iTunes, unwatched again
    5. I re-deleted it out of iTunes and watched the last 5 seconds, to make it think it was done. (I didn't get asked to delete it..?)
    6. The unwatched TV shows showed back up in iTunes.

As I speak, four episodes are on their way back into iTunes, and I presume I don't want any of them. I only wish to have the ones currently in iTunes.

This must be some sort of bug with purchased stuff, which is new to v1.1.1??

2. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Go to Videos in iTunes and deselect the TV shows you don't want to sync. Sync your iPhone. Remove the TV show from iTunes and resync.

Then in future, never say yes to the "do you want to delete this to save space" dialog since iTunes always tries to copy it back to the iPhone. And it'll try to copy purchased items back into iTunes.

3. woode macrumors newbie

It seems 1.1.1 removed the "Do you want to delete this video to free up space?" prompt. Just swipe left across the video in the iPod listing to delete it, just like you do in Mail to delete a message (I think you could do this pre-1.1.1 as well). You'll still need to do the stuff plinden mentioned, but at least with the swipe you don't have to watch part of the video as you had been doing.

/me wonders if plinden is one of *those* Lindens.

4. mainstreetmark thread starter macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

Videos are swipable? There's the magic.

We should really get to updating the Guides here on the site with all this stuff.

5. evaprov macrumors newbie

The elusive delete for iTunes TV shows

I was experiencing the same thing...no matter how many times I deleted a show from my iTunes library, it kept coming back. Very frustrating!

Today I finally figured it out: go to your Store in iTunes and click on "Purchased". Delete the TV shows there.

Then go back to "TV Shows" in the iTunes Library, right click on the shows and select "Delete". That should do it.