Can't get SMS/Phone Continuity to work

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by DarkoDonnie, Sep 17, 2014.

1. DarkoDonnie macrumors member

DarkoDonnie

[check] iOS8
    [check] Yosemite Public Beta 3
    [check] Same wifi network
    [check] Same wifi network, double checked
    [check] Yosemite firewall off, is findable

however, called myself a few times w. landline, did some SMS texting, not working!

I believe it's not my router, because all my devices can talk to/play the AppleTV.. any suggestions/help?!

Edit: other forms of continuity work, I see the "safari" icon in my iOS lock screen as i write this, and I see Yosemite has a "messages" icon left of the dock when I'm sending a SMS on iOS, however when I click the left-of-dock message icon, just get an error that the recipient "doesn't support iMessage". Airdrop works too.

2. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

SMS is not coming until October. It appears to have been disabled by :apple:.

3. DarkoDonnie thread starter macrumors member

DarkoDonnie

oh, I thought that ppl w/ Yosetmie still got to beta this. I thought i saw beta demos. bummer - one feature I was REALLY wanting asap.

also i found more answers to my questions searching Yosemite forums instead of ios8 http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1757410

----------

w/ the above I was able to get phone calls to work, so that's partly awesome.

however no sms, reading around seems dp4 they took it away! which would explain why i thought i saw it before? anyways. patience. for me.