Can't get split view to work (DP1 - DP3)

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by lemimouth, Jul 15, 2017.

1. lemimouth macrumors regular

Since my fresh install of High Sierra DP1 (now on DP3) can't use split view, it just doesn't work. I tried these two methods :

1. Put an app in full screen, then from mission control, drag an other app on the space of the first app. I just get a "forbidden" mouse cursor
    2. Holding down the full screen green button of a window. Nothing happens

Has anything changed ?

2. DrVinnie macrumors newbie

Sorry to hear that. I'm on PB2 and typing in split view right now while looking at Maps in other panel. Maybe others will chime in, but I did exactly as your steps outlined to get there.

3. lemimouth, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017

lemimouth thread starter macrumors regular

Damn ! And how do you enable split view with 2 windows ? Maybe there is a way that I'm not aware of

Edit : ok I missed that you used the steps I described. Time to wait for the next beta then

4. Ritsuka macrumors 6502a

Make sure you have the "screens have separated spaces" or whatever is called enabled in System Preferences -> Mission Control.

5. DrVinnie macrumors newbie

Also, in my quick check, not all applications work in split view. You might try with Apple's apps first.

6. Rhinoevans macrumors 6502

I tried Method 1 above with Safari and Word. No problem, worked great.

I guess I really don't understand Method 2. I hold down on the green dot and nothing happens. I have never used this method

EDIT
    I was using Method 2 with a full screen. When I tried it in NOT FULL Screen mode, Worked great. Split view no problem.

BTW using Beta 3

7. lemimouth thread starter macrumors regular

That was it ! Thanks