Can't get split view to work (DP1 - DP3)

lemimouth

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2015
Since my fresh install of High Sierra DP1 (now on DP3) can't use split view, it just doesn't work. I tried these two methods :

1. Put an app in full screen, then from mission control, drag an other app on the space of the first app. I just get a "forbidden" mouse cursor
  2. Holding down the full screen green button of a window. Nothing happens

Has anything changed ?

DrVinnie

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2016
Alabama
Sorry to hear that. I'm on PB2 and typing in split view right now while looking at Maps in other panel. Maybe others will chime in, but I did exactly as your steps outlined to get there.

lemimouth

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2015
Damn ! And how do you enable split view with 2 windows ? Maybe there is a way that I'm not aware of

Edit : ok I missed that you used the steps I described. Time to wait for the next beta then

Last edited:

Ritsuka

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2006
Make sure you have the "screens have separated spaces" or whatever is called enabled in System Preferences -> Mission Control.

Reactions: lemimouth

Rhinoevans

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
I tried Method 1 above with Safari and Word. No problem, worked great.

I guess I really don't understand Method 2. I hold down on the green dot and nothing happens. I have never used this method

EDIT
I was using Method 2 with a full screen. When I tried it in NOT FULL Screen mode, Worked great. Split view no problem.

BTW using Beta 3