Can't get stable JB on iPhone 2G 3.1.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by murdercitydevil, Oct 15, 2011.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I don't know why this is so difficult, considering this should be the easiest device to JB. Well, let me rephrase. It's not the JB part that I'm having trouble with, it's the fact that every JB I've tried (redsn0w, pwnage, jailbreakme.com) installs a broken version of Cydia.

Every time I JB, my Cydia comes with corrupted repos which make updating Cydia a huge pain. But even if I do update it, when I install a package that requires a respring, the phone crashes with the spinning wheel, and when I restart my packages are either not installed, or corrupted. I think this might have to do with mobile substrate?

I've been reduced to using Whited00r, which provides a working Cydia and no respring problems, but I'd really rather have stock firmware. Can anyone provide a solution?

2. murdercitydevil, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Okay after a little bit more research I've come to the conclusion that it's Mobile Substrate that's causing the issue. I tried Whited00r and it was working fine until I update MobileSubstrate, and then the respring crash happened again.

Is it possible to downgrade MS manually? Or what should my next move be here?

EDIT: Still working on this...MS may not be the culprit. It seems like the respring crash happens regardless of what version I have. Instead, it seems to be something like a compatibility issue on 3.1.3 with Cydia 1.1.1?

Does anyone have an iDevice on 3.1.3 that runs Cydia 1.1.1 and Mobile Substrate without any issues? If so, what JB tool did you use, and how did you achieve these results?