Can't get Tap To Unlock to work in 5.1.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xMiniM1, Jun 27, 2012.

1. xMiniM1 macrumors newbie

Yeah.. Ever since I upgraded, I can't get Tap To Unlock to work. I had a custom TTU before, but it's incompatible with iOS 5.1.1 apparently.

I tried multiple Tap To Unlocks from Cydia, and none of them work. I'm thinking it's my theme possibly interfering with it. I use 'LS Black Big Flip Clock'. But I'm pretty sure it's supposed to come with a Tap To Unlock.

I still have to slide to unlock, but only a TINY bit. Not like a regular slide to unlock. Can someone tell me exactly what I need to do? I know about the Springboard/Away_Lock_Label/etc, but it's still not working.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Your initial sentence answers this.
    Apparently the hack has not been updated for 5.1.1.
    Contact the developer.

3. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

I know we can't expect the world from a HACK, but TTU is one of the top 10 reasons to JB if you ask me. It is also one of the most difficult to find one that works. The best one I have is on an old iPhone2 that sits next to my bed ontop of an alarm clock.

The only EASY solution I have found is to set an Activator event for the Lock Screen to double tap the clock. But, I forget a lot. And, I really want a Tap to Answer as well.

So, I am definitely following this thread to see if somebody can help. Surely somebody has a new package out there. Even if it is a paid app.

Cheers!

4. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

I've heard from multiple sources that Tap to Unlock is unstable at best on 5.1.1. There was even a post from a member that got locked out of their phone completely since the slide/tap bar disappeared totally...

5. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

When you say Tap to Unlock, do you mean one specific one, or ANY app that tries to accomplish this? The reason I ask is because there are several apps with different names. Are any of them safe?

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

As far as I know Tap to unlock hasn't been updated and doesn't appear like it's being updated you can always try to contact the Dev via email or twitter. I used it in the past and I'm now using LS TapClear Also LS TapDefault are two I know

7. brayhite macrumors 6502a

I downloaded Tap to Unlock 5.1.1 and it works fine. Has minimal look (tiny square) and camera button functions as normal. Activated via Winterboard. Make sure you don't have any settings modifying the slider text on (Springtomize, in my case) or it will look jacked up under minimal.

I coupled this with Stride to unlock my phone and is all good with me :D