Can't get tethering to work

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Shag88, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Shag88 macrumors member

I have a JB iPhone 3G running 3.1.2. I had previously installed a tethering hack, but never got around to testing it. I had a need for it recently, and attempted to tether, but no luck. I have the "Internet Tethering" option available in my config, and I was able to toggle that on without issue. However, when I went to connect to my phone via bluetooth, the connection failed. After that, the internet tethering option was no long visible in my settings.

I tried to re-apply the tethering hack today using the instructions here: http://eagos.blogsite.org/eagos/Projects/Entries/2009/10/25_Enable_Tethering_on_iPhone_3.1.2.html.

Attempting to do so, when I try and execute the file, I get the message:

"Invalid CommCenter File. Make sure it's version 3.1.2 and that its not already patched."

Any ideas what going on here?

2. phrint macrumors 6502

3. Shag88 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! Will that have any effect on my visual voicemail?

4. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

No. It's what I use and my visual vm works perfectly as does tethering :)

5. rwd hero macrumors 6502

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just get the comm center patch and the Stealth .ipcc file.

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

There are two steps to the process. You have to install a tethering patch first (I recommend the eagos patch linked above), then you have to install a tethering profile (I recommend the peacefulinsanity one linked above).

8. phrint macrumors 6502

thelatinist - You are so helpful on this forum. I decided to remove my unlock due to the hoards of dropped signals. I followed your guidance on the comm center patch on eagos and then installed the peaceful insanity tethering I had before when unlocked. Everything worked like a charm. It was my first time going into the terminal on my phone and it was pretty easy. The more I experiment in jailbreaking the more confident I become.

Thanks to you and others for being so helpful here!