Cant get the Mac App Store to load

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pbkiller, Jan 7, 2011.

1. pbkiller macrumors regular

I bought a new HD, so i reformatted my disk and at the same time the 10.6.6 update with the Mac App Store came by. So i reinstalled my OS, then updated. I have the icon on de dock, but when i click it, it just stays saying: Loading, connecting to the iTunes Store... But it hangs there. It doesn't do anything. I even opened iTunes, logged into the store, but still nothing in the Mac App Store.

Anybody else with the same situation?

2. dieselmonky macrumors newbie

same problem here,also using a hdd that has been reformatted. did you solved your problem?

3. underkurtverism macrumors newbie

same here, i can't download FREE app too. it stuck there loading :(
    i'm using the latest 10.6.6 OSX

4. pbkiller thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, still unable to load the Mac App store... I have friends that have successfully installed SL 10.6.6 but WITHOUT reformatting the HD, just an upgrade. Still looking for answers. As a matter of fact im writing in the Apple Support forums as I type in here. Let's see what I can find...

5. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

07 MB

I updated to 10.6.6 the day it came out. App store was working fine and it was conecting with no problems.

On Saturday I installed virus barrier express from the app store and turned off the Mac.

Later, I turned on the Mac and it didn't boot up. I don't know how but the disk was corupted and I had to erase it wich in time reformatted.

After I finished re-installing Snow Leopard, I uptaded again to 10.6.6 and this time the app store doesn't work. It says the cannot connect and connecting to itunes message.

I've tried restoring permisions and reinstalling the update combo again and nothing.

Somebody suggested in another forum to call apple to other people having this problem, but since me being from P.R. and the Mac being out of warranty, I don't think they will help. Not without paying of course.

PD: I halso have a 08 MacBook Pro and the App store it's working.

6. philantos macrumors newbie

mac app store

Same thing happened to me. Did you ever resolve your problem?

7. Nikh macrumors regular

I have the same problem, Surprisingly, on the same MacBook for one user account it works fine, but with other I was never able to load App Store.

Read much on the internet about that, tried to disable some options in Keychain, repaired permissions, deleted caches - nothing worked.

8. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

Yes, I actually resolved it by reformatting the HD reinstalling 10.6 and downloading a free app from iTunes store before updating to 10.6.6. For some reason it works that way, download something free in iTunes before updating to 10.6.6.

Supposedly Apple's last update fixed that issue. Don't know if its true though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk