Can't get Thumbnail view in Finder??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AFKMatrix, Oct 6, 2007.

1. AFKMatrix macrumors member

I want to be able to see a thumbnail of my images in Finder. Now I have searched and seen that I have to go into the Show View Options setting, but once in there I can't find anything saying "Show icon preview." Its just not there?? What am I doing wrong?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Nothing is as good as Windows' thumbnail view, this is just one of the ways Tiger's Finder sucks...bring on Leopard!

The best you'll get is clicking on the first view option here, with "show icon preview" selected (sorry, didn't put that before as I forgot I had already enabled it):

[​IMG]

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

4. danysl macrumors newbie

danysl

Well not exactly but I´have managed to come very close to it. Just about what has been answered here but adding it to a workflow, so it´s ready for right clicking (just like in windows).

Creating an automator workflow and saving it as a finder plugin.
    Run automator, select Finder as the app, change the view options to icons, select size and enable show preview. Save as finder plugin.

On a finder folder now you will be able to right click and see your workflow as an available option, just name it View as Thumbnails if you like.:D