Can't get to DFU

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rebvision, Feb 8, 2011.

1. rebvision macrumors newbie

Hi There,

I have three devices that are/were jailbroken.
    My Ipad had Spirit and I was able to upgrade to 4.2.1 and get into DFU and JB it with Greenpoison. My Iphone 3g and Ipod v3 were both jailbroken with Comex.

I upgraded these two to 4.2.1 and when I try to get them into DFU, they flash white on the screen and then the screen blanks out after 8 second then the devices reboots itself. The Apple logo comes up and the device restarts as normal. Is there any correleation to these devices once having Comex then upgraded to me not being able to get them into DFU. I have tried numerous times to get to DFU and it is not my timing. I can get other devices in fine over and over again.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

DFU is a hardware reset. A jailbreak or any other software modification cannot prevent you from entering DFU mode. You are either doing it wrong or your device is failing. I'm trying to think of a third possibility, but I can't think of any.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. rebvision thread starter macrumors newbie

Doesn't it seem strange that both devices would do the same thing? Especially if they both had the same jailbreak on them and the third had another.

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Coincidence. I've have the same jailbreak and don't have any trouble.