Can't get Vista to install

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by c073186, Mar 21, 2008.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I have followed the instructions verbatim but after I choose the proper partition and click 'Format' (in the Vista setup), it still tells me "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation." Also it says "This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu." I have OS X installed on my 1st hard drive and I am trying to do this install on my 2nd hard drive.

BTW: If I cannot get this to work how do I abort the install? If I just exit out of the installation will OS X still start up right?

2. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

Do a search on the forums - this is a known problem. Check this one http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6886493#6886493 Also if you have the Vista disk in the drive if you reboot it will go back to the install process. Look in the manual that came with your Mac as there is a key sequence that you have to use during boot in order to bypass the DVD and go to Leopard. Failing that, the manual tells you how to manually remove the disc (you have to open the machine - I had to do this when my Vista install had the same problems, bought XP instead and had no problems.
    Alan