Can't get Weather to work.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by PhotonJeff, Apr 24, 2015.

1. PhotonJeff macrumors newbie

I'm helping my wife setup her Apple watch. Everything is working great with the exception of Weather. Both the built in Weather app and glance show the spinning wheel, but nothing shows up. The temperature won't show up in watch face complications either.

Bluetooth and Internet connectivity seem fine. All other apps and glances are working fine. The Dark Skies app works fine. I've tried rebooting both the watch and the phone - but the problem persists.

I've trying setting the Weather to both the Current Location as well as a specific city.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

2. ephraim909 macrumors member

I am experiencing this exact thing. I have also tried restarting both and even removing the extra weather apps from the phones. No luck so far. It was working to begin with but somehow stopped. I checked all the app setting on the iPhone also including location and other privacy setting. Bizarre.

3. PhotonJeff thread starter macrumors newbie

I called Apple support about the weather problem. They said it is an emerging problem they are tracking and engineering is looking into it.

I tried resetting the watch and restoring from a backup. That did not fix the weather problem (although it was nice to see that it is easy to restore from a watch backup). I have not tried doing a reset and setting it up as a new watch.

4. PhotonJeff thread starter macrumors newbie

I resolved the problem with weather by resetting the watch and setting it up as a new watch. It did not work when I restored from backup.

5. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

6. nasa25 macrumors 65816

Yesterday my stocks and weather glances stopped working. I just did a hard reboot (press and hold crown and other button until apple logo appears). That sorted it.

7. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

That spinning is actually the symbol for, YOU ARE UNDER A TORNADO WARNING>>> GO HIDE IN YOUR BATH TUB

8. PhotonJeff thread starter macrumors newbie

:):):)

That will teach me not to read the instruction manual.

9. dandrewk macrumors 6502

My weather app is working, and unfortunately it is mirroring the iPhone native weather app. My current temp is around 80 degrees, but weather app (on phone and watch) is showing 66 degrees.

Interesting thing is that the temp forecast seems to be spot on. Right now, with current temp showing the 66 degrees, it forecasts the temp to increase by 13 degrees in the next hour.

Dark Sky is also perfect, and I have it set up as a glance. But nothing I can do about the weather watch face complications.