Can't get wireless to work with windows vista

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by corysm, May 25, 2009.

1. corysm macrumors newbie

Okay so I searched the forums and can't find an answer to my question. I can't get wireless to work when I boot in windows. I have a white macbook with 2.0 ghz, 2 gb ram, 500 gb harddrive, os leopard. I installed windows vista home premium and used my mac disk but wireless wouldn't work. Ethernet did and still does work. I then downloaded the newest broadcom wireless driver like one thread said but it still doesn't work. I need help!

2. corysm thread starter macrumors newbie

3. feuerschlange macrumors regular

I do not run Vista on my MBP but did a fresh bootcamp install with WinXP Pro last weekend.

There is one strange procedure involved, that could be similar with Vista:

After installing the Windows OS, you have to install the bootcamp driver package from the OS X disk (what you did).

After this all drivers needed were installed, but Windows gave me the warning that another software took over the operation of wireless and I would have to change a setting back to the Windows service for that.

I then went into the computer management and looked for the startup services. One of them is for the operation of the wireless module, which has been set to "off".

I set this to "automatic" and rebooted.

Now the Windows wireless service starts up perfectly and my wireless is working just fine.

I strongly think, this is very similar in Vista.

4. aidricksdad macrumors regular

aidricksdad

i had to roll back the drivers to get it to work...after i used osx dvd..then it worked fine same deal with windows 7 fo me

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If your copy of Vista was bundled with SP1, have you already run this?

6. corysm thread starter macrumors newbie

Finally fixed

Thanks to you all for your answers. JediMaster your answer was the trick. Wireless works now and I can hit the desert knowing that my mac will operate the way I will need it to work.