Can't go back to Mavericks ?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by unethical, Oct 17, 2014.

1. unethical macrumors member

Anyone know where to find a real Mavericks install image besides piratebay and torrent sites?

I need to install Mavericks on an external drive to run an app to save an expensive software license which is not compatible with Yosemite.

Anywhere I look, the links to downloading Mavericks keep pointing to apple, and mavericks is nowhere to be found (except torrents of course).

2. edenbensal macrumors regular

Maybe you can find clean untouched version of mavericks at closed torrent trackers like TorrentLeech.

3. chrfr macrumors 603

If you've downloaded it before, it will be in your "Purchases" section of the App Store. You will probably need to hold the option key as you click on the download button from Yosemite.

4. unethical thread starter macrumors member

chrfr. Wow, how can be so BLIND!!!!! It was right there in front of me under purchases, and is downloading now.

Sometimes the most clear and visible things are right in front of us, and we don't see it.

Thanks.

5. edenbensal macrumors regular

It will stay under purchased section always? Or apple will remove it in the future so people will be able to install only the latest mac os x that apple provide?

6. telequest macrumors regular

Thanks!

Duh! Thank you, chrfr, I was going nuts trying to find on the Apple support download section.

7. KALLT macrumors 601

Not sure whether it won’t disappear at some point, but for me, all installers since OS X Lion are still there.

8. UncleSchnitty macrumors 6502a

UncleSchnitty

I still have lion (i think it was the first available thru app store) So it will probably stay there for a very very long time.

9. Wise87 macrumors 6502

10. edenbensal macrumors regular