Can't go into Cydia.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BlindSoul, Oct 9, 2011.

1. BlindSoul macrumors 6502

Hello,

I got an iPhone 3GS locked to AT&T, iOS 4.2.1.
    I installed the iPad baseband and jailbroken my iPhone with the latest Redsn0w ( 0.9.9b3 ) . Wireless is ON. and Cydia is just a weird gray icon when trying to open Cydia it just takes me back to Home.

Now I also noticed it happens when I open Safari.

Also, It's not the first time I'm restoring the iPhone and trying to fix it. I tried like 3 times and it keeps doing that.

How can I fix it?
    Thank you very much!

2. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

When I updated to iOS 5 GM and jailbroke it, I saw the same Cydia icon. I just rebooted the i4, and the icon changed to the correct one. This should work for you also, even with the different phone and iOS

3. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Now I've jailbroken with an older version of Redsn0w and now it shows the regular Cydia icon but it still doesn't get opened. :(

4. iPhone4UK macrumors 6502

I am having same issue. a turn off and on doesn't do anything. help

5. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

i guess you all realise it's tethered? so you need to 'jb' everytime you reboot. I had the white cydia icon and safari crashing, just rebooted and it worked fine.

6. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Not on 5.0 probably soon after official 5.0 is released.

Honestly you should learn about jb requirements for that reason. I'm still on4.3.3 why it's the last fully untethered jb.

8. iPhone4UK macrumors 6502

before you jump on your high horse there is all i had to do was tethered boot the phone.

9. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

What happened is that this iPhone was jailbroken untethered before on iOS 4.2.1 and my cousin installed some **** and like killed the iPhone, so I had to restore it.
    Since I'm stuck on an iPad baseband I must install iOS 4.2.1 Only and cannot upgrade or downgrade ( fix me if I'm wrong ). so I did a restore and jailbroken again with latest Redsn0w and now it's tethered... That sucks so bad. Sometimes the iPhone just crashes and shut down for no reason and I gotta start it up through the computer again.

Any tips of what I can do?