iPhone Can't hang up calls

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dirkyd3rk, Feb 10, 2013.

1. dirkyd3rk macrumors newbie

dirkyd3rk

Ever since I jailbroke my phone it does this weird thing where it won't let me press the end button and I have to wait for the other party to hang up. Is this a bug with jail breaking or ios6.1? It's never done this before and it's pretty annoying. I don't know what I've installed to cause this. I have zephyr but I disabled it in the phone app so I can't think of anything else. Any suggestions?

2. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I was just going to post about this. It's not just hanging up, it's the entire bottom of the screen while in the Phone app. Show/hide keypad, end call, all of those types of buttons that show up on the bottom of the screen.

At first I thought it was my screen being unresponsive, but it works perfectly in every other app. Yet in the Phone app, I have to try a dozen times just to press a button down there and MAYBE get it to work... :(

I'm glad to see it's not just me. Hopefully this can be fixed soon!

3. dirkyd3rk thread starter macrumors newbie

dirkyd3rk

Same issues here man. It's driving me insane! Hopefully someone can shed some light on what's going on maybe its a simple app or tweak that's causing this for us.

4. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Also I'm on iPhone 5, btw. Not sure if that will make a difference.

And to be noted, the same thing happens when receiving a call when you see the "answer" and "decline" buttons. I thought I was going to miss a call today because the answer button wouldn't press!

5. dirkyd3rk thread starter macrumors newbie

dirkyd3rk

I'm on 6.1 and 4s which relieves stress cause I was starting to think it was a hardware issue. Yeah today I had that problem 3 times. Do you use zephyr or any multitasking apps?

6. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Nope... my phone is in the other room so I can't check all the tweaks at the moment, but they're mostly all cosmetic. I know I have biteSMS, Cyntact, Clock Builder, Winterboard, Springtomize, StatusTab... those are the first that come to mind, but there are a few more. I don't have any themes that are modifying the Phone app though. I did apply Glasklart Phone, but disabled it when I thought that was causing the problem. Turns out it's still an issue, heh.

I'm also on 6.1 btw. Interesting that it's not a hardware issue though, which means more people should be noticing it soon. That should help for narrowing down the issue.

7. thegazelle26, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013

thegazelle26 macrumors newbie

I think the issue has to do with clockbuilder or winterboard. When I installed that and winterboard (with transparent dock enabled in winterboard, so my lockscreen wouldn't look wonky), the buttons became really hard to press, took multiple presses. When I needed to swap an important call, I couldn't at all. It was very frustrating.

iphone 4s, ios 6.1

8. jimbean9 macrumors member

9. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Would be helpful if you folks would post the tweaks you have.

I am on a 5 running 6.1.2 and not seeing this issue.