Can't Hear Anything - Please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cantocanto, Dec 24, 2008.

1. cantocanto macrumors newbie

Hi, I got a new macbook recently and restored my iPhone totally and synced it with the book to update it. That all works fine. The only issue is that now, from time to time, the phone will go totally silent during the middle of a call. However, the call isn't dropped, because if I use speaker phone, I can hear the person and the person can hear me. During these periods, I can't even hear ringing when I call people, even though the call is being made. When they pick up, I can't hear them.

Please, please, please help. It's the holidays, and I need to be in contact with folks.

Thanks so much.

2. adrienne1128 macrumors newbie

Same problem, cannot hear anything unless on speaker

I just received the iphone as a xmas gift. At first I could hear when holding the iphone to my ear, but after I updated my contacts and synced the phone to my comp, no I can only hear if the phone is on speakerphone or if the headphones are in.

I made sure all of my software was up to date, I restarted and reset all settings.

Any advice from here?