Can't hear caller when answering phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by archdelux, Nov 3, 2008.

1. archdelux macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

I've had this problem for a long time now with the iPhone 3G (Don't remember if its been like this since day 1, but I think it has). Often times when I am receiving a call, I slide to answer and then say 'hello', but the other person can't hear me. In fact, they report that they can't even hear my phone ringing when they call.

Anyone else have this issue?

I have a lot of apps installed (3 pages worth), and it is a jailbroken phone. Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Unjailbreak it and take it back to the Apple Store. Get a replacement...:(

3. archdelux thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm..really? I mean, so far, i have dealt with it because I usually call them back or they call again and its fine..so it's not a known iphone/firmware issue, it's specific to my phone?

By the way - in addition to jailbreaking, I changed the mobileinstallation file to get other apps..I can just replace it with the original, unjailbreak and it's good to return?

Thanks.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Just restore it to the factory settings. My significant other had a similar problem, then I told her to press the button on her BT and that solved it. She kept answering the iPhone with swiping of the slide button, while her BT was connected...:eek:

5. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

i have this happen all the time.....and i'm not jailbroken, it takes a few seconds (5- 10) for me to hear someone.

6. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I don't get this...you mean they can't hear the connecting tone when they dial to reach your number? Isn't that a exchange/carrier thing? Unless you've worded it wrong.

7. m2miller macrumors newbie

this is one of the several reasons I didn't jailbreak my 3g iphone.

8. mac2mac macrumors member

I have the exact same problem and mine isn't jailbroken so i doubt its anything to do with that. Tell me how you get on if you get a replacement!